ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 07:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Get Liero 1.34b and Liero 1.33 at www.liero.be - the official Liero site
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Gusanos Forum
| |-+  Gusanos News
| | |-+  Gusanos .9 Development Update # 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gusanos .9 Development Update # 2  (Read 54889 times)
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 02:41:06 AM »

no.. its quite impossible to make water be affected by explosions or that kind of stuff
Jonny
Jonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 05:04:12 AM »

But what about splashes? Smiley (for when rigid bodies/particles go into the water)
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 08:03:50 AM »

yes, thats different, and quite possible
Greybrow
Liga Liero

In darkness all cats are grey.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 04:22:41 PM »

nghghhghh... me play want... brains...

Liero undead
Bmud

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2005, 12:32:02 PM »

Oh, wow, so rigid bodies are going to be possible?? That would rock because of course any amount of a "yes" meant my liero levels were going to start resembling things from Gish =) What makes rigid bodies the absolute coolest though is constraints. The seesaw for example, it just isn't right without a real constraint else you worry about the board sliding off eventually.

Gish has a very nice physics model I thought, but it was also being run in a 3d engine. How, may I ask, would rigid bodies even be handled in the gusanos engine with things like rotation? (Gish handled colision rules by having you draw a polygonal edge around an object, btw)

And one more nagging question: Rockets work since that was part of LOSP, yes? That's a very important feature that gets left out completely all too often.

Moreover, keep up the good work. We'll all be happy to "test" it out when you guys are done. I guess you can take your time too. My levels are far from completion anyhow -- but one of them is big enough to truely test out 32 AI bots at once.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 03:58:14 PM by Bmud » Logged
MrEvil

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

yummy, rigid bodys Cheesy
I played around with that rigid-body demo thingy, very pwny if this would work similar in gusanos Smiley

but for a seesaw or similar stuff, the worms must be able to walk on objects. how else should it work?
i suggested walkable objects for losp long time ago, but i dont remember what gliptic said about that. they would be über-pwny for levels, for example elevators like in liero AI or even opening bridges :O
Jonny
Jonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2005, 11:47:50 PM »

Yes, oobobobivovusslly you can stand on and push rigid bodies. Smiley Anotherwise it would suck very much. Sad
ZoMbIe828

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 12:43:23 AM »

What are rigid bodies?
Bmud

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 05:39:45 AM »

Yes, oobobobivovusslly...
Cheesy hahahah,, I'm not even sure how to pronounce that, but I like it.

I had another thought too... say a rigid body was shaped like a long bar, and the middle was made out of dirt.

> Let's say it falls flat onto a spikey thing. The spike would logically make a dent in the dirt. So it's kinda stuck there now. Temporary seesaw!

> Lets say you blow up the dirt too much. Now there's nothing connecting the two heavy parts, so they'll act as their own bodies now. They fall off in their own direction.

> Let's say your'standing under one of those. Squish. Dead.

This is all just conceptual, of course. But the idea is that one could make a structure that's made completely out of the dirt material, and by shooting parts off, you could break it up or maybe shoot the platform above you, and make the worm above you lose their footing. Or, hop onto a boulder, shoot the dirt holding it in place, and ride it through a wall of dirt. Fun stuff.
Jonny
Jonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 06:35:45 AM »

I don't think you will be able to make the rigid bodies dirt but I think (hope) they will have health so you can destroy them. Then you could make traps and stuff as you said. Smiley

But I don't know really, basara needs to clear stuff up.  Wink
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 07:34:05 AM »

I will make clear the most important part: Rigid bodies may never be added to gusanos as a feature!
I would personally LOVE to add that feature, but I dont really know how to do them. I will later experiment more on rigid body physics but I cant promise you I will be able to make it good enough for gusanos. Gliptic probably knows more on how to do them.. so he might do it himself or sth.

I just didnt want to have lots of hype on a feature that may never be able to exist Wink
Jonny
Jonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 08:01:07 AM »

Gusanos MAY WILL have rigid bodies for .9

You said the flashlight and dynamic lights would be crappy, remember?  Angry

Basara haxed me Shocked
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:06:02 PM by Jonny » Logged
Bmud

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 02:52:47 PM »

Oh yeah, I seriously didn't expect rigid bodies to show up -- or if they will, any time soon. But if someone on the team is already thinking about it (ie, Gliptic, sth, or whoever), keep at it. It would be super cool.
Jerac

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 03:43:57 AM »

Basara, did you tried N game?

There is also a forum where rigid body implementation is explained quite well.... (for Flash; still I think that you can learn sth from that).

BGABTMABNCP!!
mots

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 03:58:54 AM »

how about...
....the possibility to change the graphic of every single gun?
....the possibility to make objects bounce of rocks, but not of dirt?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: