ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 07:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Get Liero 1.34b and Liero 1.33 at www.liero.be - the official Liero site
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Gusanos Forum
| |-+  Gusanos Development
| | |-+  Heya there, greets from OpenLieroX project
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heya there, greets from OpenLieroX project  (Read 59128 times)
Feliz Lombriz
www.GusanosFiles.co.cc Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

An easier way to reselect weapons than what you've been doing in the videos would be to type "map base" (or whatever map you're wanting to play on) into the console. That resets the level and allows you to reselect weapons without clicking multiple times through the GUI.

ˇHappy Worm!
albert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »

And a third video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vze9ovS6jG4
DarkCharlie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »

Hey,

nice progress here. I am currently working on the Windows version.

@Anarchid: You cannot get permabanned at LXA for having a .ru address. The only way you can get rejected is having a double account. Please try to register again and I'll make sure that you get in Smiley
Anarchid
Level 3 Tactical Techno Horror

Resistance is Futile.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

@Anarchid: You cannot get permabanned at LXA for having a .ru address. The only way you can get rejected is having a double account. Please try to register again and I'll make sure that you get in Smiley
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spambots spawning from mail.ru
Your ban is not set to expire.
Sounds an awful lot like IP permab&. And i'm really too lazy to fetch a proxy for that.

On topic: the yesterday's version works sweetly, but there are still some input issues:
- Shift key will work as a character in console. It will be typed, instead of working like a modifier.
- Tilde doesn't work at all. Setting console key to most other buttons works.
- Some alphach sprites don't work.

I'm going to compile the latest one a bit later to(day|night)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:40:45 PM by Anarchid » Logged
Feliz Lombriz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »

- The end of the laser seems to disappear (or be more thin than the start).
If you're talking about the laser sight on things like the rocket launcher, that the way it is in the normal version of Gusanos as well, so it's not an error. It's just a stylistic effect unique to Sindalf's mods (Doom, Project X, Beyond X). The laser is a unbroken beam in the Default mod.

- When there is a lot of light (for example by flamethrower), FPS goes down a lot

- Game seems very unplayable with low FPS and very slow.
I don't know if you've already done this, but there's a fix for some FPS issues that occur when a lot of different sounds are on the screen at the same time. I remember that the flamethrower caused a lot of lag for me before I applied the fix. Here's some info from the Layman's Guide to Gusanos:
Quote from: Layman's Guide
-For some people Gusanos runs slowly or locks up. This usually happens when there are a lot of sound effects at one time. There is a fix for this.

-Go into wherever you've installed Gusanos to and open the Default folder. For example: C:\Gusanos\Default\
-Then open Config.cfg with notepad or some other text editor.
-Click under all of the text press enter to start a new line. Type this:
Code:
SFX_OUTPUT_MODE WINM

- You can get stuck on the wall when falling and you press left/right. (But this may be just the different physics.)
As Anarchid said, this is a game feature preserving a tiny physics feature from the original Liero. It can actually be used strategically and add a lot to the game. You can enable/disable it in a mod folder's mod.cfg with the line "SV_Worm_Disable_Wall_Hug ging 0"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:45:56 PM by Feliz Lombriz » Logged

ˇHappy Worm!
Anarchid
Level 3 Tactical Techno Horror

Resistance is Futile.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »

SFX_OUTPUT_MODE WINM
I have upon me a sneaking suspicion that this fix won't do much with OpenAl. But then i'm not that sure either.
Feliz Lombriz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 05:29:50 PM »

Yeah, it occurred to me that fix probably refers to the libs that albert just removed. Tongue But you never know. If the fix doesn't work maybe it'll at least be a clue to a similar fix for any similar problems that might've carried over.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:30:22 PM by Feliz Lombriz » Logged

ˇHappy Worm!
albert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 07:43:59 AM »

Yea Gusanos has used a different sound lib (fmod) than Vermes (OpenAL). And this specific option seems anyway Windows-only (and I use Linux and MacOSX).

The game is already much more playable now. The keyboard input fixes made it a lot more playable, FPS doesn't really matter that much anymore and you still can play with 10 FPS (if it goes down that much).

Then I also included the MMX/SSE/MMX-plus optimised code (which was disabled earlier) which gives me huge performance improvement when there are a lot of lights. It mostly stays >=40 FPS now, in most cases up to 500 FPS.

So I think this is pretty much playable and final, not much which I can do anymore. This will probably be the endstate of my subproject of Gusanos as a standalone. I was already preparing the merge itself with many different things and will concentrate on that even more now.

Until now, Gusanos already uses SDL only (instead of Allegro), I simplified many GFX routines, everything is wrapped already to GFX functions of OLX, all file-io is already handled through the OLX filehandling system (which means a case-insensitive VFS which is a searchpath-based wrapper to the filesystem) and it uses the options system of OLX.
Feliz Lombriz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »

Awesome! As soon as someone posts the latest working compiled version for OSX I'll upload it to GusanosFiles. Smiley

ˇHappy Worm!
albert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »

Here you go:
http://www.4shared.com/file/166912898/74d5ade/Gusanos-abad861-20091206-macos.html

That should be the state from commit abad861. I have prepared the app bundle in a way that it (hopefully) also works elsewhere. It is Intel-only, though (I doubt that it would work on PPC anyway in that state) and not sure about the minimum MacOSX version, probably at least 10.4. (I myself use 10.5 and it works here.)

Also some further notes:

- It is very unlikely that I will ever update this. The main project is to merge Gusanos and OLX and once that is done, this standalone is obsolete anyway (and OLX will be able to load any Gusanos mod/level, i.e. it will stay compatible).

- It already uses the OLX option file and searchpaths (so don't wonder that Gusanos will create the directory ~/Library/Application Support/OpenLieroX).

- It comes with some default levels and doom mod (and its levels) (any other level/mod should work, didn't tried though but you can easily add it yourself).

- Only singleplayer.

- Other gfx modes than window-mode with 640x480 will not work.

- Default keys of this app bundle are F3 (console), left/right/up/down, lctrl, lshift, x.

Well, enjoy if those limitations aren't showstoppers for you. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:23:46 PM by albert » Logged
Wesz
Indergee!

anima vilis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »

Remeber to put gusanos promode as default mod or people from Liga Liero will find you! Wink
albert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:55:14 PM »

Where can I download that mod? The link on GusanosFiles seems dead.

Btw., some other questions:

For redistribution, we need all Gusanos maps/mods to be under a GPL-compatible licence or just public domain. Also no non-free sounds/bitmaps should be inside the mod (for example the Gusanos3Arena mod greatly disqualifies because of all the original Q3 sounds). I don't know what the other mod devs put for restrictions there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:58:56 PM by albert » Logged
Feliz Lombriz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »

Alright, you should be able to download Promode now. I fixed the GusanosFiles link. The Skydrive mirror changed their link system for direct links and I forgot to update a few of the mod links. All files should be good from now on.

ˇHappy Worm!
DaRo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 12:06:30 AM »

you got old wersion of promode on g-files.
http://promode.pordesign.eu/promodev130.rar
link for new version   Cool
Feliz Lombriz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

Actually it's already up. It's just in the Programs section. It's a standalone mod so I consider it like an alternate new version of Gusanos.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:53:57 AM by Feliz Lombriz » Logged

ˇHappy Worm!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: