ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2018, 03:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Get Liero 1.34b and Liero 1.33 at www.liero.be - the official Liero site
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Liero forum
| |-+  Liero Discussions
| | |-+  Liero for Nintendo DS?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liero for Nintendo DS?  (Read 4933 times)
alfaalex101

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »

Hi, I'm willing to pay good money to anyone who can faithfully port Liero to Nintendo DS under these conditions:

It feels as close to the original DOS version as possible (aka not like LieroX, but more like 1.33)
Plays at a solid 30 or 60 fps (unless someone sets reload time to '0' Wink
Has wifi multiplayer enabled (full screen enabled for one player)
-Clean and smooth multiplayer even in intense matches. (excluding the person that spams millions of bignukes, spike balls and chiquita bombs)
Is in .nds format.

$60. Price is..negotiable up to $100 if the product is well made. (judged by me, don't worry - it just has to work, be bug free and be fun)

Bonuses:

Stylus can be used for aiming ($3)
Comfortable Controls
Clean sounds
Working level editor ($2)
Uses both screens effectively and creatively ($4)
More than one player can join a match ($10)

Please note that if for whatever reason I believe that the port is lack luster or poorly done then only half the money will be given. The purpose of this project is to re-create Liero as best as possible on the DS with new features that will utilize the DS as best as possible.

The Liero DS version will be avaible to EVERYONE and be for FREE.
Its the creators choice weither he/she would want to release the code.
The only person that will take credit for the creation of the DS version of Liero will be the maker and founder.

Money will be sent through PayPal and be in CDN. Money takes 8 days to be transfered from bank account too btw.
Programmers MUST I repeat MUST PM me to confirm that they will be making one. First PM me, then you can code.

On a final note: I'd also like to ask others to contribute. If such a project was successful then we would have a top notch game being played on peoples DS's all over the world. Not only that but it would be one of the most fun games to hit the Nintendo DS and be one of the best homebrew games designed for the DS. I wish I could make this dream true myself but I don't have the skills to program in C++ or any other programming language. Despite this I realized that even though I had no programming skills, I did have some money I could give to someone who was more talented than I and could make this dream possible. So, if we can find someone that LOVES liero and can make this happen: please donate. It will be well worth it (heck if it weren't worth it then I wouldn't be paying close to $90 for this happen and instead just buy some $69.99 game!)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:42:40 PM by alfaalex101 » Logged
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:20:40 AM »

Unfortunately I dont own a Nintendo DS, if I did I would have already started a liero clone the day I got it Tongue

Its a tough challenge, so you'll need luck to find someone to do it even with a monetary incentive. I wish you that luck, your mission is a honorable one!
Wei Zhi Hui
aka. ulv
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »

Yeah, send a DS to basara and Gliptic, and they might make it for you. Tongue
$60 is not a lot imho. Btw, you will pay someone $60 to make it, and then what? You will own the copy- and royalty rights? The contract is unclear.

ComSer Admin
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »

Btw, you will pay someone $60 to make it, and then what? You will own the copy- and royalty rights? The contract is unclear.

Ah, I was going to ask that but then I didnt Tongue
I dont think he means to take the copyright of it, but its indeed not clear.
alfaalex101

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »

Modified. Sorry for the missed out information! Anything else I should add?  Huh

PS: This idea originally stemmed from the fact that one could load up Linux on DS then load up a MS-DOS clone and run liero on it! (But it wouldn't be the same  without modification obviously). Also, if anyone knows someone that could code on DS and (more or less) loves liero, could you let them know that a reward is up? Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:41:25 PM by alfaalex101 » Logged
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »

The only person that will take credit for the creation of the DS version of Liero will be the maker and founder.

Giving a 60-100$ reward for something this big isnt called funding a project ;0 Someone that is able to code such a thing can probably easily make more than that per day Tongue
Ragzouken
Seeking my very own power...
Veteran Member

Modding when I cba.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »

Now you can load up Linux on DS and run openliero on it!
Wei Zhi Hui
aka. ulv
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »

alfaalex101: i must say i like your initiative, and i hope you will find someone to make it, but i must say that it wont be easy. ive wanted something like this for ages, but i dont think that anything as professional as you want it can be made by anyone less than a professional fulltime working programmer. when people work for free on their own free time, there is only so much that person can be bothered doing. the project will always die when the person reaches a point where he gets bored or it become too hard. thats my experience with requesting cool stuff from programming ppl. they are noobs!!!! especially basara!!!! Evil

ComSer Admin
TTFTCUTS
Unreal :0
Veteran Member

Mechineer: No arms yet D:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »

Idd! Tongue

Bored = dead

Huge = will get bored eventually

Liero DS = huge project

Boo! Grin