ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Visit us on IRC
irc.quakenet.org
#liero
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Gusanos Forum
| |-+  Gusanos Support
| | |-+  Gusanos Occluding Lights?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gusanos Occluding Lights?  (Read 4330 times)
IceMan

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:20:23 AM »

Hi,

I was wondering how to get the occluding lights for Gusanos (any version) as shown in the video shown on Google Video?...even on some of the screenshots of Kamil077's Battle Mod - the lights look amazing, but I don't know how to get it to look like that. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ, so if someone can help me out - that'd be great! Smiley

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:21:18 AM by IceMan » Logged
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:00:37 AM »

It will only work on maps that have darkmode enabled in the config file, You should check how the doom mod does it.
sindalf
Veteran Member

Further than beyond...ProjectX

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »

It will only work on maps that have darkmode enabled in the config file, You should check how the doom mod does it.

Add this to your weapon:

light_radius=[value]
occluded = 1

Darkmode can be enabled by adding it to the level *.cfg.
IceMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't insinuating that I'm working on making something or whatever... I was wondering how I'm able to just play (splitscreen even) with lights like that (as if the "main" worm player is the only light source and everything else is dark).  Undecided
sindalf
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:18:57 AM »

Sorry, I wasn't insinuating that I'm working on making something or whatever... I was wondering how I'm able to just play (splitscreen even) with lights like that (as if the "main" worm player is the only light source and everything else is dark).  Undecided

So player 1 sees light, and player 2 doen'st sees the light? Well, i don't know, don't think its possible
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:33:41 AM »

It is not currently possible, but it will in the future when lights are renderable with lua instead than only particles.
Mauganra99
Looking for LieroX
Veteran Member

the antisheep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:23:36 AM »

With lua it's possible to make only local players shoot a particle, I think. This effectively destroys particle syncing intentionally, but works fine Smiley.

That might be impossible in splitscreen, though...

"D
sindalf
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:17:17 AM »

So it's impossible on splitscreen to make something like nightvision
IceMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:31:56 AM »

So player 1 sees light, and player 2 doen'st sees the light? Well, i don't know, don't think its possible

Oh, alright. (I was meaning that on splitscreen, both player 1 & 2 would then be two light sources)...but anyway, sorry about the confusion, guys - thanks for the help! Wink

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 09:36:05 AM by IceMan » Logged
IceMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:07:24 PM »

Hey sorry for resurrecting such an dead thread! But recently I came across the Gusanos Lights video again showing off occluding lights for .9. I saw on the console pop-up (~) a couple wierd commands:

VID_DOUBLERES 0
map egypt
VID_MAX_WORMLIGHT 1

I don't think anyone directly answered my question that was at the start of this topic  Embarrassed  but how can I play a simple map like egypt or poo with just the worm as the light source (exactly like on the video)? I'm such a n00b at coding, so I'm not sure what command to use Sad (VID_MAX_WORMLIGHT 1?)
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:33:55 AM »

the command was actually called VID_HAX_WORMLIGHT or something like that. It was there just for testing and it was removed in release version.
You can make a mod that behaves like that, promode has it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: