ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 11:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Visit us on IRC
irc.quakenet.org
#liero
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Gusanos Forum
| |-+  Gusanos Modding
| | |-+  [Mod] deguix v.0.1.0
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Mod] deguix v.0.1.0  (Read 7937 times)
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2006, 03:32:17 AM »

deguix mod 0.1.0

Download link:
deguix.rar (fixed download link 27/dec/2006 and again on 28/jul/2009)

Changes this version:
- Smaller interface with keyboard keys to show/hide parts (not totally completed as I wanted... but I released anyways)
- "sv_cmd" renamed to "p#_cmd"... it is still calls server commands, but with the specific player chosen as the target.
- server commands aren't implemented as console commands. You can only call "p#_cmd" for those server commands.
- map radar feature fixed.
- added feature to see names of worms not on the screen (but still I should put some fade for the distance the worm is from the screen).
- many changes in the code design.

Last minute notes:
- Minimap only works for the "wtf2" level (the only map with this capability right now).
- To use the mod as the default mod:

1) Backup the original "default/scripts" folder, delete the folder, and copy the scripts in "deguix/scripts" folder to there.
2) Backup the original "default/gui" folder, delete the folder, and copy the scripts in "deguix/gui" folder to there.
3) Replace the original default mod .cfg files with those found along the deguix mod, with adaptations as to key bindings used, player names, and etc.

- Using the mod as a server:
-- configure sv.init() function inside the sv.lua file in the "scripts" subfolder. It is actually like the .cfg files, except that they are in LUA for easier (or more complicated) scripting. The way the file is formatted might change from version to version, so be prepared to backup the file before using newer versions.

Project goal:
The project goal is to improve the development of itself. The focus is on the low-level game mechanisms and their simplification to the maximum extent, and, at the same time, enable powerful customizations as user wishes. This means that:
- All features need to be optional or that can be changed by the user, if possible (simplified and extended chat system).
- Server management needs to be improved in a way that the server has control over what is being played (server mods, user rights, map voting...).
- Gui should be simple and contain as many options as possible. It should also have the profile option, allowing the user to switch to different configurations easily.
- Interface should be as simple as possible. There should even be options to hide all details overlapping the game.
- The rest of the issues should base on the project goal.
- Mod weapons and graphics should base on the original default mod, or improvements to them.

This is hard to implement, as Gusanos was made to be simple already, as with most projects.

Features:
Some features already suggested:
- auto-kick if the amount of players is greater than the estipulated maximum value. (done)
- chat commands. (done)
- mapvoting. (to be done)

Features that I already created and are working properly:
- scoreboard features:
-- auto-refresh.
-- automatically sort by points.
-- team scores.
- time functions:
-- change maps at certain time.
-- pause/unpause game - superficially.
- map functions:
-- change maps at certain time.
-- internal map list.
- interface:
-- changed position of things.
-- added player's points and position.
-- added team number next to player.
-- added weapon bar of teamates if "SV_Team_Play 1" is used and if you are on the same team.
-- added early implementation of mini-map.
-- added player movement of the viewport when the worm is dead.
- server functions:
-- added SV_Say so that a player can speak like admin if he/she is controlling the server.
-- transformed cfg files into LUA code.
-- added chat functions support.
-- added sv_cmd for using server commands without using RCON_Password and RCON commands.
- development features
-- created info tables for identification of maps.
-- created info table for mod identification by maps so that is possible to activate mod specific actions if this mod is used like the default mod.
-- detection of auth, dedserv, client, and bot players.
- GUI
-- "tabbed" GUI with Host, Join, and Options tabs - Options tab has only the Video tab ATM.
- player features
-- Added ability to set key binds to select weapons.
- full syncronization of the new features (at least I think).

Features implemented on next version (0.2.0):
- There's no more need of copying scripts from deguix folder to the default folder (if you use this feature), now just backup "default.lua" and replace it with the deguix's own "default.lua".
- Improved the server command messages.
- (There are many features that exist but don't appear for the end user.)

Screenshots:
This is a screenshot that I posted when I was testing the mini-map (0.0.1):

This is a screenshot of the GUI (0.0.1):

The GUI is big because of the low screen resolution. I almost couldn't put all controls about the video settings. Gusanos has some bugs in the GUI like there's no way to select an item of a list box from code, that labels have to be created in code, not xml, and that the blue color is applied to not selected list boxes at the beginning. Some features that I would like in the page is a feature to disable controls (see the filter control is still enabled when "2x Zoom" is off).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:37:25 AM by deguix » Logged
VoNaR
formaly r3mc0

die-hard liero fan :P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 03:56:28 AM »

looks great  Wink
when will these things be downloadable  ??

maybe some of these features should be integraded in the default mod  Roll Eyes

VoNaR = r3mc0
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:26:26 AM »

I want to complete the items in my own feature list first Cool... not mentioning though so that people can come up with their own suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 04:27:49 AM by deguix » Logged
sindalf
Veteran Member

Further than beyond...ProjectX

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »

Well if you make a class system based on teams, then you make me happy  Wink
sharkyx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »

greatness!
Mauganra99
Looking for LieroX
Veteran Member

the antisheep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »

That minimap makes me go 'OMG'?

"D
setrodox
I am NOT pink!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 05:05:10 PM »

btw, deguix, the features you described as "not possible in .9c" should be "not easily possible in .9c" Wink
chat would work haxxilish with an own chat system, and for mapvoting i don't see the problem, as there could be mapvoting keys bound, which just use lua to communicate with the server...
though i don't recommend those ways of doing it Wink

PINK!
sharkyx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 07:49:39 AM »

If I remember correctly, you can do TCP from Lua. Which in turn would make it possible to create an online stats system like UT-Stats (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/). I think the mod of yours would be the best place for such functionality.
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »

I suck at scripting with networking... Sad. I would need some help with that. Good idea, btw. Cheesy
setrodox
I am NOT pink!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

deguix, networking isn't really hard, in gusanos it's about two functions which get used for that  Wink

PINK!
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »

well... just warn me then when some site with that capability is done.
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »

I've released the first public alphas. Please read the note in the first post about how to use it with the default mod. Alphas are continuing to be developed as I find bugs to crush. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:43:04 AM by deguix » Logged
Kamil077
Codename "077"

Something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »

Amazing !!!
but where is "minimap", "F1 chat" and "Local Game" ?
IRC chat don't working.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:27:28 AM by Kamil077 » Logged

Code:
deguix
[sugp] Gusanos player

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »

Minimap: only "wtf2" map (which comes with the mod) comes with this feature at this moment. Not expected to be implemented with liero maps (those would require conversion to Gusanos maps).

F1 chat: if you're using the "default" mod with the "deguix" mod, you need to copy .cfg files from the "deguix" mod to the "default" mod, and then adjust them to your needs, like to add key bindings, adjust player name, and etc.

Local Game: not available at this moment (I forgot), but you could use "Host 0" in the console. This option will be put in the "Host game" window.

IRC Chat: yeah... I didn't include IRC chat yet (just the button), but I have the script somewhat done for implementation (thanks to WSh, of course).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:50:52 AM by deguix » Logged
Kamil077
Codename "077"

Something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 11:00:17 AM »

Minimap: only "wtf2" map (which comes with the mod) comes with this feature at this moment. Not expected to be implemented with liero maps (those would require conversion to Gusanos maps).
look:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:00:51 AM by Kamil077 » Logged

Code:
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: