ComSer Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Visit us on IRC
irc.quakenet.org
#liero
8133 Posts in 708 Topics by 253 Members
Latest Member: Maxigenzztop
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  ComSer Forum
|-+  Gusanos Forum
| |-+  Gusanos Modding
| | |-+  [Mod] Unreal Tournament
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Mod] Unreal Tournament  (Read 72216 times)
TTFTCUTS
Unreal :0
Veteran Member

Mechineer: No arms yet D:

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:18:23 AM »

So, I've been working on a UT mod for the last few days, and I think you'll agree that it's quite nifty, if only for the totally rebuilt ammo system Grin

Release 1 pic
First release Shocked

Release 2 pic
2nd release, some nice new features! Check the worm health in the UI and on enemies! Health items (packs up to 100 health, vials up to 200 Cheesy)

Release 3 pic
And here comes release 3! Pimped the bullet weapons and menu with nice effects and text... That and the addition of killing sprees is a rather nice improvement (basara made a working version of the sprees after i half-made them and couldn't get them to work net... thanks basara! Grin)

Release 4 pic 1
Release 4 pic 2
Added the rocket launcher for release 4. With 16 hours of coding going into this one, I think i have a sleep problem Tongue

So far, 6 ( 12 ) weapons are included: The enforcer, shock rifle, ripper, minigun, flak cannon and rocket launcher, in primary and secondary variations.

Primary and secondary weapons share ammo, which has to be picked up around the level - I included a modified version of Poo Arena with some pickups in to actually get some gameplay going - and the bots suck becuase they don't know they have to pick them up Tongue

DOWNLOAD!

Net verdict: Oh HELL yes: Net Pic!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:43:14 AM by TTFTCUTS » Logged

Boo! Grin
RadicateTR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »

Not bad, this mod yet shows me again that I have no idea of what gusanos is capable of doing. So well done so far.

Is it possible to fuse the two firing modes of a weapon into one gun though? Although it is good to see that the shock combination is possible, the maneuver doesn't seem to be worth it, since it takes too long to pull of. Because switching weapons(Or from alternative to primary firing mode.) take a while.

Finnishwormssuck!
BlackWind
V3

Hei Feng

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 07:07:03 PM »

I believe Basara has said in IRC that he'll add secondary fire.

Although, I've never pulled off a useful shock combo in the real UT, either.

Very nice mod, btw, though I think you should tweak the physics a bit more to feel faster.

WIP
Prey.3
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

When I play ut ( the real fps one ) I always play with shock, and I always combo, its uber evil ;o

Yes, secondary fire will be on the .9 full
TTFTCUTS
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 12:39:57 AM »

the maneuver doesn't seem to be worth it, since it takes too long to pull of. Because switching weapons(Or from alternative to primary firing mode.) take a while.
Yeah, secondary fire will eliminate the weapon change delay between primary and secondary modes. I'll also be doing away with weapon choices and make them pickups. The weapons will still be in your inventory if you haven't picked it up yet, but you will not be able to actually fire it until you pick up both the weapon and some ammo.

though I think you should tweak the physics a bit more to feel faster.
I agree, and will be after i've got all the evil net-code and weapon selection out of the way. (to have all of the weapons at once, the limit of 5 weapons per player will have to be upped, but that's coming as well as the secondary fire thing in .9 full...)

Boo! Grin
sindalf
Veteran Member

Further than beyond...ProjectX

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 03:51:28 AM »

Good mod, like it
Qualitiam
#liero regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 08:52:03 AM »

Very good mod indeed... can't wait to land a redeemer in someone's face. However I noted the ripper secondary shot has no splash damage... maybe you forgot or sth.
TTFTCUTS
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:41:46 PM »

Nah, i tried that. It's very hard to make it have splash damage and not need needle-point accuracy: the larger the detect radius, the less damage you do area-wise by being far out, and then if you compensate and then nail someone next to a wall they explode, which is far too much damage... so imo that was the best solution available.

Boo! Grin
IceMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 03:32:06 PM »

Very cool mod, TTFTCUTS. The new weapon function is really cool; adding a whole different feel to the game...using your weapons wisely instead of having unlimited ammo and having to wait for the reload.  Wink

...but I'll have to agree with BlackWind about the physics. It needs to be a bit faster.

-IceMan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 11:53:13 AM by IceMan » Logged
TTFTCUTS
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 02:35:19 AM »

Well, it's net-ready now, all syncing actually works, it seems :>>>

Boo! Grin
TTFTCUTS
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 02:23:07 PM »

I don't know what the rules are about double posting around here, but this is both a thread subject update and quite a few days after my last post, so here we go:

Release number 3 has taken place! Killing sprees, menus and bullets galore! Expect dm_wtf to come along soon with more armament than the newly renamed dm_poo.

Mauganra will be working on ctf for certain maps taking advantage of it, and the more complex weapons are on their way (rockets/bio/impact hammer).

Boo! Grin
Jonny
Jonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »

What happened to oilrig?
TTFTCUTS
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 02:45:04 PM »

>.>

<.<

Stasis and waffles. Yes... that will do...

*Throws down explosive powder and disappears into a cloud of smoke...*

Boo! Grin
basara
Administrator
Historic Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 03:51:50 PM »

Minigun is very nice Cheesy
Rocket launcher next!!! Wink
Mauganra99
Looking for LieroX
Veteran Member

the antisheep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 02:59:23 AM »

No! Do the sniper rifle... I want to do headshots >:|

The minigun is powerfull, the windup on secondary fire is nice too. It eats ammo superquickly Shocked

Now if someone could convert HealPod or HealPod][ to Gusanos... it's a very cool level.

"D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: